Contracts & Business Development Administrator
Manages and participates in the preparation and negotiation of contracts, and administration of commercial and government contracts in accordance with company policies and legal requirements.
Must demonstrate sound judgment in recommending potential resolution to all contractual issues in accordance with Quanta’s policies, as well as external customer requirements.
Contracts related responsibilities:
- Analyze and interpret selling and purchasing terms and conditions for Company’s various projects.
- Identify contractual legal risks and commercial considerations and provide sound contractual advice to mitigate liability exposure.
- Develop and write contractual language for presentation to customers and revisions summarizing contractual requirements and budgets.
- Interpret and implement established policies, procedures and practices as in accordance with Quanta guidelines, legal requirements, customer specifications and government regulations.
- Coordinate with other functions such as Quanta Technology Business Areas and Quanta Services Legal Department in solving contractual problems.
- Maintain an audit file for each contract which will include original contract, all correspondence, changes/deviations, amendments, clarifications, payment schedules.
- Prepare and disseminate information to appropriate employees regarding contract status.
- Ensure compliance with Project closing activities as needed.
- Provide contract summaries and promote contract execution in accordance with company policy.
- Maintain current knowledge regarding developments and changes in contract law and federal regulations.
- Monitor trends in the marketplace and conduct in-depth research into contracting methods and various laws (e.g., federal, state, local).
Project, Proposal and Market Intelligence related responsibilities
- In addition to contract & legal skills, contributes through the application of accounting and finance skills to review and correct, as needed, the business aspects of proposals and projects during their life cycle.
- Support the International and Domestic Proposals and Projects cycle by coordinating data input as well as formatting and editing reports.
- Perform market intelligence analysis as needed:
- Analyze the state of the energy industry, monitors active companies and ongoing projects.
- Explore external factors affecting industry trends.
- Monitor competitors project wins and market activities.
- Facilitate translations and developing and consolidating presentations. Create Word documents, Excel spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Law or a Law Degree from an accredited university.
Minimum of 10 years contracts experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills along with competency in persuasion/influence skills.
- Ability to effectively interface with high-level management and internal and external customers and work on a team environment
- Maintain a good commercial business sense.
- Maintain familiarity with Quanta Technology’s products and services.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint software packages.
- Government contracting experience a plus.
- Meticulous attention to detail, commitment to producing quality documents, and the ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Strong proficiency in English is required & proficiency in Spanish is preferred.
Quanta Technology, headquartered in Raleigh, NC, offers a diverse and collaborative working environment, competitive salaries, and an excellent benefits package. Quanta Technology is an equal opportunity employer. Apply online at www.quanta-technology.com.